Solid Grey Ironbark Hardwood Floorboards 130mm x 19mm
A member of the eucalyptus family, the grey ironbark lives up to its name thanks to its exceedingly tough and hard exterior. Solid Grey Ironbark needs to be kiln-dried to achieve its fabled hardiness.
Colouration of Grey Ironbark ranges from a nutty honey to a dark chocolate, with dark red a common variation. The sapwood of Grey Ironbark is often deep crimson, with heartwood usually lighter. Its grain is interlocked, moderately coarse, but even, contributing to its hardness and inherent beauty.
Because of its extreme density and impact resistance, ironwood can sometimes be difficult to work with as an engineered flooring product. Instead it’s most often seen as solid timber flooring, parquetry, and decking.
- More information about Grey Ironbark can be found on our Grey Ironbark species specification page.
- You may also be interested in our How to install 19mm Solid Hardwood Strip Flooring page.
- We can also supply solid Grey Ironbark floorboards in 80mm wide x 19mm thick profile.
Grades of 130mm x 19mm Solid Grey Ironbark Flooring
Our 130mm wide Grey Ironbark Solid Hardwood Floorboards are available in three grades. These grades are Select, Standard and Feature.
- Select grade 130mm Grey Ironbark has some colour variation but overall, is fairly uniform in colour.
- Standard grade 130mm Grey Ironbark has some pitch pockets and small knots, as well as increased variation in colour, while
- Feature grade 130mm Grey Ironbark provides a unique, rustic aged appearance with extenuated natural features. Features include gum vein, knots, face checking and insect travels.